Saturday, October 31, 2009

quick canton

Another quick dish. Quick in a sense that it's done very quickly while baby was sleeping and the ingredients were only a few. We're consuming almost everything now since we're going to transfer house in a few more days. So everything in the pantry box and refrigerator should go before we transfered. I was successful in preparing this dish because I done this inless than 30 minutes. I started just after I put the baby to sleep and immediately do the chopping, slicing, sauteing. And just a few minutes after I took some photos, the baby started to wake up. Hahaha... success right? Hehehe... Well, good thing the baby cooperated.

I minced 3 cloves garlic, sliced a small onion, 1 carrot, 1 large cabbage leaf, and sliced into thin strip some pork belly and seasoned it with salt and pepper. In a wok I put 2 tbsp. olive oil and sauteed the onion and garlic until fragrant then added the pork belly and cooked them until the pork is browned. Then I added half of a pork broth cube and continued to saute. Then I added about a cup of water and 2 tbsp. oyster sauce and let it simmer. I tasted it according to my preference. Then added the canton noodles in... then mixed and mixed until the noodles are almost cooked and the liquid almost evaporated. Then I added the carrot and cabbage in... I mixed again until the liquid has fully evaporated. That's it... quick canton.

0 comments: