Saturday, October 31, 2009

potato and pork with black beans

I know I promised to post a recipe yesterday but obviously I didn't... I got caught up with the scrapbooking kit I have in mind. Hehehe... But here I am, I'll try to post all the dishes I was able to prepare within the last month.

I prepared this one when Kim decided not to go home for lunch since school has not yet started and I assured him that it's okay, I can take care of Kuya and the baby. This was just a quick dish. I ran out of oyster sauce that's why I used black beans instead.

I didn't measure the ingredients here but everything will be upon your preference anyway. The pork part that I used was with no fat and I believed this would be much tastier if using pork belly or even pork pata as long as there's fat. Hehehe...

First, I cut the pork and potato into chunks, minced a few cloves of garlic, a little onion and ginger and mushed some black beans. In a wok, I placed the pork and potato chunks and add a little water (not too little that it would evaporated quickly; just a little water to simmer the pork and the potato). When the water have evaporated, take out the potato chunks and set aside. Put a little olive oil in the same wok and fry the simmered pork chunks just until it started to get browned. Then add the garlic, ginger and onion. Saute with the pork until aromatic and the garlic well browned. Then add the black beans and season with pepper (you can season with salt if your black beans are not pre-salted). Then add the potato chunks and continue mixing just until everything is well blended.

0 comments: