Sunday, September 13, 2009

shrimp in oyster sauce


Kim went to the grocery yesterday and he was able to buy shrimps. I super miss shrimp with oyster sauce. It's been a couple of months... or longer that I was able to prepare this. Before I used frozen shrimps so I didn't took a photo of it. Now this is much better. I like the sauce penetrating the shrimp specially the heads. Hehehe... Donna taught me this recipe and I liked it from the very first time I cooked it. This is quick and easy to prepare and yummy, too. I think I cooked this in less than 5 minutes...

Ingredients:
12 medium sized shrimps
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 small onion, sliced
1/4 cup oyster sauce
peper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter

Procedure:
In a wok, heat oil and butter. Saute garlic and onion until aromatic.

Add in the shrimps and cook just until it turned orange about 2-3 minutes.

Then add the oyster sauce and mix until all shrimps are fully coated with sauce, about 1 minute. Season with crushed pepper. (I prefer not to add salt since oyster sauce is a bit salty already for me)

Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped onion leaves (the green part only).

I love this over steamed rice and I usually put the rice in the wok after transferring the shrimp in a plate. I coat my rice with the remaining sauce in the wok... yummy... Hehehe...

0 comments: