Wednesday, August 19, 2009

chicken mushroom


Today Kim woke up a little bit late already and he was not able to prepare for lunch today. He cooks for lunch before he goes to work in the morning since I'm always too sleepy to do it (sleepless nights taking care of the baby... hehehe...) So, I have to prepare our lunch, for me and Makuy that is, and Kim will have to buy lunch at the Lulu Supermarket near their office.

I still have half of the chicken breast at the refrigerator and I kinda miss chicken in oyster sauce. It's easy to make and since Baby Yano's still sleeping I had to prepare this quick one. Hehehe... And since I only have half of the chicken breast, I just added some button mushroom to make it enough for me and Makuy.

This recipe can serve 1-2 persons.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cut into serving portions
1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, sliced
1/2 tbsp. ginger, minced
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil

Procedure:
Season chicken slices with salt and pepper. Set aside.


In a wok, heat oil and butter. Add chicken slices and cook until golden brown.

Then add onion, garlic and ginger. Continue sauteing until aromatic.

Add mushroom and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.

Add oyster sauce and mix until chicken and mushroom are coated well with the sauce.

Season with pepper (you can add salt if you desire but for me oyster sauce will give it the saltiness). Turn off the heat and serve.

0 comments: