Monday, February 9, 2009

berry pillow

category: dessert, snacks
serving: makes 12 pcs.

i found this recipe in san miguel great food club website. it looks good and easy since it only requires few ingredients... so i tried it. kim said that it's okay or it's good. but for me, i'm a bit disappointed of the outcome. maybe there was something wrong with my dough. i don't have food processor, so i just used my hand mixer. the outcome didn't came out as i expected it and i baked it for 30 minutes instead of 15 minutes which the recipe stated. i baked it for 15 minutes but when i checked, it's not done yet. anyway, kim brought some in the office for his snack, so i think that it's really okay.

you can visit san miguel great food website for more recipes but you have to register to get the recipes. i am posting here the recipe i got there. i just substituted the sour cream with yogurt plus butter since i couldn't find sour cream here.

ingredients:
for the dough:
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup butter
3 cups all-purpose flour

for the filling:
2 jars strawberry jam
white sugar for coating

procedure:
combine sour cream, butter and flour on a food processor until formed into a dough. gather dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and chill.

cut into 4 equal pieces. on a lightly floured surface, roll out one piece shaping into 12" x 4" rectangle. spread one side with jam. roll out into a log. cut into desired sizes per log.

roll each piece in sugar and arrange on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

bake at pre-heated oven at 350ºf for 15 minutes or until done.

note:
substiture for sour cream, this makes 1 cup.
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup butter

melt butter and let cool at room temperature. mix well the butter and yogurt. refrigerate for 1 hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try this recipe, or I will visit their site. I love cooking and baking. I have a KitchenAid Pro that I bought in 2000 and I really put it in good use. It is time efficient to replace the manual kneading of the dough.

iNg said...

hello ebie...
it's nice that you have a kitchenaid pro, i wished i have those kitchen gadgets for my cooking & baking passion. hehehe... my priced possession now are only my electric hand mixer and my oven. i hope i could also have food processor, bread maker, and other kitchen gadgets but our finances are limited. but these two should do by now.
thanks for dropping by.
ingat... amping... :p