Friday, February 26, 2010

TOMATO - LETTUCE SALAD WITH SALTED EGG

I prepared this along with my Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. I usually prepare tomato-lettuce salad and this time I added salted egg and it turned out quite okay. It's just that the salted egg turned mushy after quite awhile maybe because I didn't drained the lettuce too well. Here's the recipe if you like.

TOMATO - LETTUCE SALAD WITH SALTED EGG

Ingredients:
1 salted egg, chopped
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
7 lettuce leaves, chopped
1/2 lime juice*
olive oil
salt and pepper

Procedure:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, a little amount of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix together. Add the vegetables then mix again. Then add the salted egg and mix carefully.
Serve immediately.

• • • • • • •

* We use Indian lime since it's the closest to our calamansi with what's available here in UAE but you can use calamansi, lemon or the regular lime.

signature-ing

0 comments: